Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Pine Tree Point progress

 The guesses were all "on point" because I am working on Bonnie Hunter's new Pine Tree Point.  Her pattern has a whole quilt and a table runner, but I just wanted to play for now.

My first plan was to make a pillow, but now I've decided it will just be a little wall hanging.  I think the quilting will remain simple, and maybe I'll just add a star button at the top of the tree.  This was a fun project and every green piece came from that scrap bin full of green scraps.  

I did notice that I had a lot of lime green and dark green but not much in the way of Christmas green.  I tried not to repeat very many and to mostly use the odd shaped pieces. 


Once I had the strip sets done I found some fun surprises - like the little raccoon below and the golf scene above.  


It's sandwiched and ready to quilt this next week, assuming I figure out HOW I want to quilt it.  Less is more, right?  So it needs to stay simple. 


6 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s adorable as a wall hanging!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very cute...can you freehand some trees:)

chrisknits said...

What fun surprises!!

Ramona said...

Oh how fun! Love your little surprises. :)

Moneik said...

Turned out really cute. Love the fun surprise finds.

woolyjooly said...

Love the first large print block here. And the tree wall hanging. I better learn how to sew better, or I'll just buy from you, cuz! (Because knitting is sooooooo time consuming, and my only fiber skill.) haha