Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Design Wall Monday - November 23

 The weekend was spent playing in the scrap bins in the basement sewing room, while my husband binge-watched 2 seasons of Yellowstone upstairs in the living room.  Personally, I think I had more fun.  And I have something to show for my hours.

There is another Wisdom block added to the collection.  I wanted to see how they look made with large scale prints and I'm very pleased.  I just wanted to keep making these.  


Then I just HAD to use a piece of that floral print in a Diamond Tile block.  That's only a 3.5" square in the center but it looks fine.  While I had those blocks out, I began to lay some of them out. And then of course I just had to sew some together in four-sies.  


So, now there are 2 bigger blocks (of 4 Tiles) clipped to the skirt hanger along with 6 more of the single Tiles.  These Diamond Tiles are trimmed to 7.5" square so it will take a lot to make a good sized quilt but what a fun Rainbow Scrap Challenge project to continue with.


What's on your design wall this morning?  I've linked up to: 


6 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your weekend was definitely productive. I like the secondary design of the Diamond Tile blocks as much as the single blocks.

Preeti said...

These blocks are so fun. Love the bold colors and the fussy cut centers.

Ramona said...

Such fun scrappy blocks! I'd say you had more fun this weekend, too. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

That larger print worked out real well!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That Diamond Tile block is so cute!!!

Kate said...

Your Diamond Tile blocks are very cool. It's a fun block for the RSC challenge.