Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lots of sewing time

 My husband is spending lots of time on a job site this week and that means I have plenty of peace and quiet to do as I please - which means I'm sewing.  


A set of cute pillowcases are finished.  I used the watermelon fabric on a big floor pillow for a granddaughter last Christmas. There was just enough left to use for the cuffs of these.  I have quite a stack of finished pillowcases again that will be gifted or donated.  


Two of the 6 rows of Ohio Star blocks are  now assembled.  The rows have 5 blocks across, and a few of the blocks have the colors reversed, with white as the star instead of the background.  In between the Ohio Star blocks I used the sections of the red tulip block so that I wasn't constantly cutting thread - a good leader/ender. 


The Blossom Time block was a free Bonnie Hunter block published in Quiltmaker magazine quite a while ago.  Our guild used the blocks as a "swap" type project for our bus trip in 2019.  And I still had a couple of them "kitted up".  The purple one was done and tucked into the page protector with the instructions and the parts for the red one.  Now those loose pieces are a cute block, ready for some future project. 


And . . . I auditioned several different fabrics to use as the cuff on the Christmas stocking, finally deciding on this medium green.  It blends nicely with the green in the holly.  The lining is made and inside the stocking, the loop is ready, and the cuff is made and waiting for the name to applique.  Once I get the name on it, then it will take 5 minutes to attach the cuff and loop to the stocking.  

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I really like your tulip blocks and need to make some! How nice that you have a stack of pillowcases waiting delivery to whomever. Love the fabric combo on these. :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I know you’ll get a lot accomplished with the extra time in your sewing room. The green fabric is an excellent choice for the cuff. Happy sewing

Moneik said...

You've had a productive week! I always get more done when Paul is tired and goes to bed early. Earlier night for everyone else, extra time for me to sew.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good projects happy sewing while your hubby is busy!

Kate said...

Very cute pillow cases! The tulip blocks are cute too. Hope you've been able to get in lots of stitching time while your guy is off doing what he does.