Pages

Friday, November 6, 2020

One blue snowflake

One of the blue snowflake runners is completely done and ready to go into the mail.  I quilted this with a grey thread in a simple large zig zag, and I do like how it turned out.    


I also did a simple stitch on top of each snowflake to secure them.  These were iron-on, laser-cut snowflakes but I don't trust them not to pull off eventually without the stitching.   


This one is a gift, soon to be headed across the country to its recipient, but I have another one made too.  That one is sandwiched and ready to quilt when I get a chance.  The second version is slightly longer with an extra block.  

9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice....almost makes me like winter!

Moneik said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the snowflakes.

Connie said...

I love this, it would look lovely on my dining room table. If I find any time to quilt for myself this season I just might glean from your lovely inspiration. At the moment I am working on two little girl quilts and one baby boy quilt for my great-grandchildren's Christmas. Got to get done in time to get them in the mail . . . oh boy . . . I better get stitching, LOL. I haven't found fabric for the boy quilt yet . . . not so easy. Thank you for sharing your charming work with us.
Happy stitching and have a blessed weekend.
Connie :)

Preeti said...

Beautiful finish. Your top stitching enhances the snowflakes.

chrisknits said...

What cute projects! I love the stitching on the snowflake.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Perfect!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW super sweet, Sara!! I don't blame you one bit for not trusting those fusible appliques. I totally would have stitched them down, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty! You picked the perfect blue and white fabrics to go with the snowflakes.

Susie H said...

Beautiful runners. Love the idea of sewing down the snowflake middles. Stability meets design element! Perfect!