Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A finished Saturday Sampler

I realized this week that I haven't posted this finish yet . . . the 2020-21 Saturday Sampler.  It's bright and cheerful, and will be hanging in my dining room all spring to replace the winter quilt currently hanging up there.  Maybe when it's hung up I can get a better photo. 
 


This is one of my favorite Saturday Sampler quilts over the years, I think.  The design is adapted from Lori Holt's book Quilty Fun.  Each month we received 2 sections to sew, and we had no idea how the sections would fit together.  So the layout was a mystery and everyone chose their own fabrics.

My fabric choices were pretty safe because I went with a 30s reproduction plan.  I have enough 30s prints in the stash for several quilts - even after making this one.  I did purchase a background fabric. It's white with little navy blue squares.  And the border fabrics were purchased.  But the blocks all came from the stash!

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I remember this project, it came together beautifully, perfect for Spring!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sara it is beautiful!!! I finally figured out why I couldn't comment on blogs~ my Ad Blocker updated and it recognizes comment boxes as 'pop ups'! It is now fixed and I will be back to comment on more of your beautiful quilts. :-)

Kate said...

Congrats on a very fun finish!

Vicki in MN said...

So very pretty, I think the 30's prints were perfect for this. It will add lots of cheer to your dining room:). The border reminds me of the edges of a postage stamp.