Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2022

RSC Saturday

 One of my RSC projects from 2020 and 2021 is finally one step closer to being done.  Gingham was one of the sets of blocks that accumulated each month with the RSC color chosen.  They were great scrap busters and only used 2.5" squares of the colors and the scrappy white background.  Then I framed them with 1.5" strips.  The top was ready to quilt at some point in 2021, but patiently hung in the closet waiting for a good time to have it  quilted.  I finally took it to the quilter just this last month.  


I fell in love with that multi-colored backing and just had to have it for this quilt.  But I left the thread and quilting design up to the quilter.  She chose well, didn't she?  The variegated thread and swirls just look terrific.  Now I need to figure out a binding.  


Three more aqua Falling in Love blocks joined the first 2 made.  That makes 5 aqua and 4 red hearts hanging in the closet so far.  As more colors are added, this collection will be one of my favorites I think.  

Check out what else is happening this week in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge world.


14 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Gingham seems like a great block for Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I hope you will share it when it is finished, so we vacantly admire all of its colorful goodness!

Mari said...

Love the gingham finish! It looks like a happy quilt, and the backing is perfect.

Preeti said...

Just a glimpse, Sara? I want to see the whole thing. That backing is such a riot of color :-)

Cathy said...

I’m with Preeti - I want to see the whole gingham quilt as soon as you have it bound! And those hearts! I’m not usually a big heart fan, but those keep catching my eye (heart?) every time you post some. It’s official: I love them!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The quilting design on your Gingham is so perfect - swirling through the squares! I love that backing, too. The Falling in Love blocks are pretty in aqua!

scraphappy said...

Your gingham blocks are so colorful! Perfect with the backing fabric and swirls. Congratulations on getting so close to having a finished quilt. Enjoy the binding decision. No wrong choices with rainbow quilts.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous gingham blocks, and heavenly hearts! And that backing is to swoon for!

gayle said...

That bright backing is the perfect finish for that bright quilt! (And I'm with the rest of the crowd - a full view, please!)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty AQUA blocks, Sara!! Best of luck on finishing your RSC quilt.

Susie H said...

Your Gingham is a BEAUTY!!! I don't remember you even working on it. The backing plays well with all the RSC colors. Great job. Now find some binding and let's get 'er 100% done! Ha!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The gingham quilt is just beautiful!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, two great RSC quilts!!! Love the gingham blocks idea, and the quilting looks great!!! That heart block is awfully sweet, too!!!

Kate said...

Gingham is looking great! RSC quilts are always such fun and are some of my most favorite projects. Your heart blocks are going to make another great RSC quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I like your Gingham too, but your aqua hearts are so scrumptious!