Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Playing with aqua

 My sewing time was limited this week, but I did get to play in the aqua drawer a little bit.


Falling in Love blocks (The Pattern Basket) are looking good so far.  I kitted up 3 more aqua hearts as there are plenty of other aqua/teal options left in the drawer to play with. 


Three more Framed Friendship Square blocks are done too.  This one has the cutest center - lamas and blooming cacti.  I'm thinking the guild member who shared this one had been to the desert.  


Two of these have teal frames, and the other one has aqua. The next ones I make need to have more variety in that background fabric so that the quilt isn't quite so white.  There are a couple of blocks already made with grey and with beige backgrounds.  The variety will help with the scrappy feel too.  


Small hearts are adding up.  I actually made a few in other colors too because the pieces were already cut, and kitted up with the aqua ones.  

Check out what else is happening this week in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge world.

16 comments:

Maggie said...

Love the Lama in the block, we have a “ a baby lama “ for Christmas story in our family. Your aqua blocks looks lovely.

maggie fellow said...

cute, cute

Mari said...

What pretty aquas! I love the hearts projects. They turn out so darling, and a rainbow hearts quilt will be really cute. Have a lovely day!

Ivani said...

Pretty blocks, Sara!
love these Framed Friendship Square blocks, very cool!

scraphappy said...

Great progress so far. Such a nice variety of aqua and teal.

Mercedes said...

I love your blocks!

grammajudyb said...

Such fun block! Such pretty colors! You made a great start on Aqua!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really love those Falling in Love blocks! They're very tempting!

Cathy said...

Sara, all your blocks are awesome! And I’m jealous of your cute scraps (mine are literally the dregs!)

quiltingbydawn said...

Love that double heart! Lots of aqua play happening here! Lovely!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lovely blocks. I'm looking forward to coming up with more aqua projects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of AQUA/TEAL lovelies, Sara!! You've added a good selection of blocks to your RSC collections. Oh, those adorable llamas!!

Preeti said...

I love the heart within a heart. It reminds me of the poem - "I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart." Have a sew happy week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are cool blocks - love the hearts!!

Kate said...

Such fun blocks, but those hearts at the top of the post are my favorite.