Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Aqua & Teal - Nanci's Stars

 The Nanci's Stars blocks are the last of my aqua and teal RSC blocks for this month.  They were begun when I was gifted some fabric and patterns from the stash of a friend (Nanci) who had passed away last fall very suddenly.  The blue blocks were from a table runner kit, but once I had the blocks made, I decided that I liked the block so much that I would add more via the RSC colors in 2022.


In January 3 red/pink ones were added.  The month's color was red, but I had some really pretty ruby red batiks in the stash so that is what I used. 


And this month I used 3 darker teal/aqua batiks with a light aqua. 

I have no clear plan for these blocks yet, but I do find that I think of Nanci when I'm sewing these.  And like most of my other RSC projects over the years, a final plan becomes clear once I'm done.

No sewing will happen today, as we're headed to the last home game for the Jackrabbit women's basketball team.  And then we're driving to see our granddaughter's last basketball game of the season. 

Let's see what else is going on in the RSC world this week:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Mari said...

Great stars! They're going to make a great quilt, and how nice to think of your friend when you work on them. The finished quilt will be like a hug from her.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are really pretty, Sara! I like how you're making some with a darker star and some with a lighter one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice set of blocks! Have fun at the games!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful blocks for the RSC, Sara! Here's hoping you enjoy those basketball games.

grammajudyb said...

Great blocks! I’m glad they bring you thoughts of your friend. Safe travels as you drive to SD State game. Cheer on those fantastic women athletes! Good luck too, to your granddaughter and her team!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lovely blocks. I've made a couple of quilts with those blocks.

Vicki in MN said...

How fun that you get to go cheer on your grands in their sports. Love those new addition blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your RSC blocks are really pretty - I like them all together - it will be fun to see what you make of them

Susie H said...

Nice blocks, Sara. It's so nice to use the fabrics from a friend and think about her while sewing. I'm sure that would make Nanci happy!