Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Progress on various projects

 Wednesday morning was finally a good productive chunk of time in my sewing room.  I worked on a variety of projects that were on my To Do list for this week.  Yay!!

Block #5 for the RBD Challenge (Riley Blake Designs) is Sundial by Christopher Thompson.  This was a really easy one to sew - with squares and HSTs.  These are all 10.5" square. 


ONE HUNDRED - that is how many Farmers Wife Sampler blocks are complete.  Only 11 more to go. These were cut out, so it was just a matter of getting them sewn finally.  Prairie Queen, Railroad, Single Wedding Star, and Sawtooth are the names of these blocks.  For once it's probably easy enough to guess which is which.  


Two more Summer Soiree blocks were sashed, and the layout is beginning to really take shape.  The pieces for these are already cut, so I just keep plugging away on a couple at a time.  


When my arthritic hip told me it was time to stand for awhile instead of sitting at my machine, then I cut a variety of batik background squares for the Blue Hexies.  These have all been pressed and the cardstock papers inside are something I can pick out while watching the Olympics in the evenings.  Two of them are now hand stitched onto these background squares - a good TV watching activity late Wednesday afternoon.   

One other thing I worked on while standing was cutting some of the pieces for the PIG (Project in Grocery Sack) project I've selected for this month.  I want the pieces all cut and ready to sew once I get the main section of Summer Soiree all put together.  It will be bright and happy sewing, and all fairly large pieces.  But that will be a post for another day.  

2 comments:

Kate said...

You made really good progress on several projects. Hope you are feeling better and have a chance to get in some more good stitching time this week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the blue block! Wow sawtooth is a very unusual quilt square...and I like it! I wish I had framed my hexies:)