Pages

Friday, February 11, 2022

TGIF - More miscellaneous sewing

 The most important task I accomplished this week was sashing ALL 12 of the Summer Soiree blocks, so now I 'm ready to sew the rows together.  I may leave these layed out on the floor for another day or so to make sure I have them in the best locations.  

These sampler blocks were from a Pat Sloan sew-along.  I made this set using florals and batiks, and another set using red/white/blue for a Quilt of Valor.  The QOV had a very plain sashing, and I wanted this one to be totally different.  It definitely is. 


While putting away some of the brown fabrics I used on the pillowcase kits, I cut a couple of strips that I knew would work for some Framed Friendship Square blocks.  But of course I couldn't just tuck them into the project box with the squares.  I just HAD to make the blocks.  This cute dog print was left over from one of the pillowcase kits I made.


The dark brown worked well with that football square.  How appropriate with the Super Bowl coming up, right?  And then I made this pink flamingo block because there were pink strips laying around too. 

One more thing I worked on yesterday - more small heart blocks.  The bottom group with the purple flowers are going to be for a block exchange with the Sew Vintage group so I used a 30s reproduction print.  The others were cut from scraps of various things.  A couple of them were cut from leftover charm squares.  These will make good Leader/Enders in between sewing those Summer Soiree blocks into rows.  

On Wednesday afternoon I sat in the sun coming in through the family room windows, and began to hand applique the blue hexie flowers onto the batik background squares.  Thursday afternoon I did a couple more.  It's a good task while watching Olympics on TV.  

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

You made great use of the leftover brown strips. Although, that pink flamingo block is my favorite. Nice hexie, too!

Ramona said...

I have never seen blocks sashed like your Summer Soiree blocks and love it! You have so many fun things going on in your sewing room.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your summer soiree is looking good, that dog print is so cute!

Kate said...

Love the setting for Summer Soriee. You've been moving along on several projects!