Pages

Monday, February 7, 2022

Design Wall Monday - pillowcases

On Saturday - between basketball games - I stopped into Joann Fabrics to look for needle threaders for a friend.  But of course it was way too easy to come out with more than just the needle threaders.  They had some fabrics on sale for $4.99 per yard . . . so I purchased some patriotic prints for Quilt of Valor presentation pillowcases.  

Sunday afternoon while cutting and kitting up a couple of those QOV pillowcases it became obvious that I had more fabrics already collected for pillowcases than would fit in the project box.  I've been setting aside good choices all fall and winter.  


Along with the 2 blue star pillowcases for QOV, there are now 5 others cut and kitted up.  Not all of the fabrics in that top photo ended up in one of these kits, but what is left is organized and actually fits into the project box now.  The kits include dogs, fish, frogs, and birds - a fun collection to add to the pile for donations and gifts.  
 

One of the pieces I purchased for the QOV pillowcases had just enough left to also cut background squares for 2 new Patriotic Star blocks.  An added bonus.  

I already had a couple of yards of army themed print for QOV pillowcases, and enough of another dark blue print as well.  So I think I can kit up at least 4 more pillowcases for Quilts of Valor, which is good because we only had 1 left.  

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

And with Monday Making:

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like to sew pillowcases in an assembly line fashion. One year I made 20+ at one time. I didn't make any pillowcases for a long time but had plenty to give away as gifts! Happy stitching!

Moneik said...

I love when I can get projects cut and kitted so when I have time to sew, that's all I have to do.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun fabrics tho!!!

Sylvia said...

Great job getting all those cases cut and sewn!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A great Monday project!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I have spoiled my family with pillowcases~ now they don't like the store bought ones. LOL

AnnieO said...

It is hard to turn away fabric prices that low---especially for charity projects you are unselfishly cutting and sewing for.