Pages

Monday, February 21, 2022

Design Wall Monday - February 21

 There is good progress on the Blue Hexie project.  I have 13 of the 16 hexie "flowers" hand appliqued to the squares.  One more is partially stitched, and you can see that I still have 2 more to appliqué onto their squares.  NOTE: the background squares are not actually yellow, but look that way in the lamp light. 


I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do with them, but it does feel good to have kept moving forward with them.  This has been a good project to take along in the car lately.

I also have a shopping list for what I need to finish up a couple of other on-going projects - like finding something that works for binding the Gingham quilt. Nothing in my stash was quite right, or the needed size.  I’m hoping the winter storm predicted will hold off long enough to allow for some errands today.   

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

And with Monday Making:

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love the blue hexies!

Bonnie said...

Those blue hexies look great on the "yellow" fabric... or they would if the fabric was yellow. Are the backgrounds white, cream, ecru, beige? It reminds me that the native people of Alaska have tons of words to describe snow while we have, you got it, snow. We evidently also have lots of words to describe background fabrics of the white-beige bent. Boy am I going off topic today. Hope you get your errands done today.

Vicki in MN said...

Gorgeous hexie's. They remind me of the little wall hanging I made for IB challenge several years ago. I just used one of the hexie blocks and made it into a flower.

Jayne Honnold said...

I, too, have "on going projects" and one of them is a hexie quilt with an unknown future. I think a lot of quilters operate this way, you know. We'll know what to do or how to finish when the time is right. Love your hexies!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful quilt. Love all those different blues you used. I have a bag I keep a quilt project, for when I go for dr. app. or travel. Have a great day!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your blocks are looking great! I hope you got out for your errands today. The storm is not quite here yet, but is imminent.

Kim said...

Hexies are the perfect pretties to stitch while out and about. Your blue hexies are lovely.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your hexies look fantastic. They're such a fun project to work on while waiting for an appointment or on a car trip.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh they are so pretty! I love the blue and white combination! xx

Far Side of Fifty said...

The hexies look great!