Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Buying, not sewing

Here is a confession - there are too many projects floating around in my head, and laying around in my sewing space!  And yes, I've just added to the problem with some Retail Therapy.  

I had to work yesterday - and part of today - but over my lunch break yesterday I went shopping. A lot of yardage has now been added to my sewing room, with some of it due to be cut up very soon, I hope.

*  yardage for a new Quilt of Valor I'm kitting up
*  border fabric for Summer Soiree
*  random tan fabric for bag lining
*  fat quarters - just for fun
*  the final Pillow of Month kit from subscription


The Blue Hexies are all hand appliqued to their neutral backgrounds, so the next step must be "making them into something", right?  I have a possible design idea in my head.  We'll see what comes about now that all 16 are ready to become something.


Today after work I hope to get the borders onto Summer Soiree.  Hint, hint - I went in a totally different direction with the border than I thought I would.  

2 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

I look forward to seeing how you finish your Summer Soiree. I have been downloading the clues in hope I'll be inspired to make one for myself.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Always fun to shop a little for inspiration!