Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Kitting up a new Quilt of Valor

 My friend Evelyn recently texted to me a photo of a Quilt of Valor she saw online, and we both agreed that it would be a great idea for a future project.  I just couldn't get it out of my mind, and even pulled out a blue yardage that I thought would be perfect.  It uses a block pattern called Beads that I've used in the past for a baby quilt, so you know I just couldn't resist. 


Wednesday's shopping produced a red and a background to join that blue.  


Thursday I had time in my sewing room, to cut the kit for this new Quilt of Valor project.  


And I even had time to sew 2 sample blocks to put in with the kit.  These are Beads (or Chandelier) blocks.  They use a 5" square, and 2.5" squares and strips.  It's such an easy pattern, and I'm delighted that Evelyn inspired me to try it as a QOV. 


This is the photo that she sent me - maker unknown unfortunately.  It has 20 red blocks and 25 blue blocks with simple borders added - and my kit is all set with the parts for the same number of blocks.  I'm excited to dive into this one - after I get borders on the current UFO.  

3 comments:

Pam Dempsey said...

Love it! And your blue fabric choice :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a very pretty design!

Ramona said...

This is a great QOV design. Looking forward to seeing your progress.