Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Adjusting the course just a bit

It is a good time to take stock of projects and see what progress remains on some of them.  I finished 2 flimsies this week - the little Autumn Garden table runner and the blue & white quilt which only needed borders attached.  With those projects off the cutting table, ironing board, and sewing table I began to consider what I wanted to do next.   

On my September goal list I had identified which PIG I wanted to pull out of it's "grocery sack" - a cute child's quilt made with plaid whales on a dark background.  Well, I have NOT found a background yet that I liked, so I set that aside and chose a different PIG to work on this month.


It's a good time to work on a Halloween project anyway.  This was a pattern I bought when we were in Colorado last spring for our nephew's wedding.  I've gradually been setting aside fabrics for it and I believe I have what I need to get started on this cute little wall hanging.  


Another small course change involves one of my RSC block sets.  I've been making Ohio Star blocks for RSC for a couple of years.  One quilt was completed last year using them, and I currently have 31 blocks collected again, counting the light blue polka dot version I made yesterday.  A few have white stars on colored backgrounds, but most are white backgrounds with colored stars.  My new plan is to sort the blocks into 2 separate sets.  One quilt will have all white backgrounds, and the other will have white stars.  I love making these Ohio Star blocks, so they are a great option for me for RSC sewing - quick, easy, and pretty.  There are 20 with colored stars, and 11 with white stars, so I have a great start towards 2 more quilts. 


I've really been sewing up a storm lately, and my cutting table needs a cleanup before I get too carried away with any new projects.  And maybe the binding needs to be pressed and attached to Tulip Time before anything else is laid on my sewing table.  

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the border you added to blue & white, just perfect! Have fun with the wall hanging, happy stitching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh that halloween project is really cute!

Nann said...

That blue border print is a beauty!