Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Autumn Garden finished

 My dining room table is dressed for fall with a new table runner - Autumn Garden.


This was a kit I purchased - partially because I love the packaging. And partially because I love the colors used in this one.  Notice the adorable box in the photo below.  That was a clever marketing ploy on the part of the manufacturer, right?  I wonder how many people bought this kit because of the box.  And now that it's empty, I'm keeping that box to decorate my bookshelf. 
 

There actually is one little thing left to finish on this table runner.  The bugs need their antenna embroidered on.  But that can wait for another day.  For now, I'm enjoying this runner on my table just as it is.  This may be one of my favorite fall themed table runners. 

On a side note, I did NOT enjoy the instructions for this particular project.  The pattern had lots of pictures to follow, but way too many numbers written into paragraphs.  It drove me batty trying to keep all of the tiny pieces in the right places, even with things laid out on a design board.

8 comments:

Ramona said...

This table runner is adorable! I love the colors... fall and yet more whimsical. Great finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

there are some projects that I have bought that included tin storage tins and boxes and that is one reason that drew my eye to them knowing I would have another storage container in the end - I do like the box too

cityquilter grace said...

very cute...runner AND box!

Nann said...

Clever container and a charming runner. I prefer the instruction-writing style of Martingale books and American Patchwork & Quilting. And so many small-press patterns use a sometimes hard-to-read font.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely table runner, happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The runner looks great on your table! It’s a charming project.

Vicki in MN said...

You know I love your runner, but that box is fabulous-definitely a marketing ploy, LOL Almost makes me want it too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow that is one beauty of a table runner!! Well done...I like the box too!