Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Playing with light blue

 Because there was a lot of sewing time I had some major fun with the light blue fabrics this week.  OK - I have to admit that I went kind of crazy with blue.  Once I got started with the blue scraps it was hard to stop. 


One light blue elephant has been added to the herd so far.  He needs a friend yet. 


One light blue Rainbow Connection block was an easy addition because as I cut parts and pieces for elephants and hearts, I had lots of blue strips laying around.  


All 5 of the light blue heart (and hourglass) blocks are done.  This makes 45 of these Falling In Love blocks, and since they finish about 8 x 9 I should have enough for a nice sized quilt by the end of the year.  We'll see how I end up laying them out. 


I couldn't resist making another light blue pyramid block.  And then a pink one, and (not pictured) then 2 more in green and coral.  I'm mixing the backgrounds on these blocks with whites, and creams, and other neutrals.  This will be very scrappy. 


The only thing "light blue" about this next project is the cornerstone choices I made.  The blocks are from the 2022 Riley Blake Design challenge this past spring.  I'm very excited to get these all sewn together and add the fun border fabric I have.  I do love a blue and white quilt - they look so crisp and cool.    

Check out more RSC projects today:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your elephant someone else was making them last year think.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a lovely collection of light blue blocks. You are going to have a wonderful collection of quilts at the end of the year.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You did go to town with light blue this week! The newest elephant is so fun. The blue and white quilt from the Riley Blake QAL is really going to be pretty, too - great blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

While the light blue is out you might as well get it all done!!

grammajudyb said...

Lovely blocks all!! I especially like heart blocks and matching hourglass blocks. So clever to sew them up at the same time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty blues!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lots of beautiful blue here! And what a smart idea to use some of the scraps up right away in the Rainbow Connection block. I'm thinking about making some of those pyramid blocks for next years RSC--if I can wait that long!

Jenny said...

Lovely elephant, and yes, he does need another friend or two.