Pages

Monday, September 5, 2022

Design Wall Monday - September 5

 Cooler mornings have certainly arrived here in South Dakota.  I took this quilt out to the porch this morning for a photo, and realized it was cool and quite foggy - and very grey out there.


So the color in this photo isn't accurate, but you can see the lovely texture of the quilting.  I worked on binding this quilt in the car on the drive back from Kansas yesterday, and have just one side left to hand stitch.  Then this one will be completely done. There are 3 graduation gifts needed next spring for extended family members, so I think this one will be set aside to be a graduation gift.

As for my other sewing goals this week?  I have a quiet house today as my husband is out golfing with one of the sons-in-law.  So, one goal is to organize and put away some new purchases before doing some fun sewing.  I'll share a peek at some of those purchases later this week.  

A second goal is to work on my light blue blocks and projects for Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Falling In Love hearts, Twinkle Stars, Pyramids, Rainbow Connections, Ohio Star, and elephants.  There is a lot of September remaining to play with these light blue blocks, and I have a few fabric options all ready to cut into parts and pieces. 

There is plenty of cutting planned for this week.  I need binding strips this week for the Tulip Time quilt now that I have it back from the quilter.  This will be another big UFO finish, when I get that far.  And while I'm cutting things, I have 2 fabrics from my trip to cut into 6" squares to share at guild - one from Nebraska and one from Kansas.

And there are a couple of PIGS that are coming out of their respective grocery sacks.  One of those is a little Halloween wall hanging that I want to begin working on.  I may only get the fabrics all pulled together this week but that is a good beginning. 

What is on your design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

As you know I am deep into Halloween makings so I LOVE yours that you are going to work on soon, cute, cute, cute!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Shooting Stars quilt will be a lovely graduation gift! Oooh, the Halloween wall hanging is adorable, and I’m anxious to watch its progress this month.

Ramona said...

Your almost finished quilt is beautiful. I'm not a Halloween person, but that wall hanging is going to be super cute. Enjoy your cooler temps!