Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Progress on a couple of fronts

Labor Day was very quiet around my house and it gave me time to do quite a bit of sewing without any real distractions.  I managed to finish the binding on a quilt, which I'll show later in the week. 

The cutting and planning for sashing and cornerstones began for this blue and white project.  There are 16 blocks that were part of the 2022 Riley Blake Design challenge this winter and spring.  The cornerstones will be scrappy, and cut from light and medium blue leftovers from these blocks.  The sashing is that new dark royal blue that I purchased on Friday.  The blocks finish at 10", so with a layout of 4 across and 4 down, this quilt will require an outer border to be a decent size.  I have a terrific print set aside for that outer border.


Last week the 3pumpkin blocks for the Autumn Garden table runner were finished.  And this week I hope to get all of the rest of the pieces of this one sewn.  Two flowers were sewn on Monday, and there are 2 more to sew yet.  There are also 2 small bee blocks to add into the mix.  


August Garden was my PIG project from August.  I got a start on it very late in the month, but should have it finished by the end of this month.  And I'm OK with any forward progress made.  

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Very cute pumpkins!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Gotta love those flowers and pumpkin, it will be a great finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are cute blocks

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun blocks - the pumpkins are so cute!!!

Nann said...

What a clever pumpkin block! I'm now envisioning a version in red to be apples.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

August Garden is adorable. I love the flower and pumpkin blocks together.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is really cute! I love the cone flowers! :)