Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

Design Wall Monday - Ohio Star progress

Layout ideas came and went on the first of 2 Ohio Stars projects.  But I've finally decided on a plan.

On Friday after work I had the blocks laid out on-point, and even went to the quilt shop and bought a small print for setting squares between the blocks.  However, once I lay out that print and put some of the blocks on top to see how it looked - NOPE!  It just didn't look how I had imagined it.  

Back to Plan A, which was sashing between straight rows.  I was going to use white sashing since the stars are all white in the blocks.  But I ended up using a cream dotted fabric found in the stash.  

Sunday was pretty much all about working on this quilt.  The final 5 blocks were made - bringing the total to 20.  All the sashing was cut.  This week my goal will be to get rows sewn.  I have to work several days, and have appointments a couple of days as well.  But one row at a time won't take long, and forward progress is all good. 

What is on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Nann said...

I like the negative stars on the colorful backgrounds. The neutral sashing emphasizes the contrast in the blocks. Did you get anything else when you wen to the shop? LOL.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s looking great. I had company over the weekend, so I didn’t get anything accomplished on my latest WOV.