Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Road trip shops #2 and #3

 Just a short hour south of Yankton SD is Norfolk Nebraska.  Norfolk has a busy and fun downtown area, with lots of interesting restaurants and shopping within walking distance of the quilt shop.  I asked one of the ladies working in the quilt shop about restaurants in the area. She recommended several, and we walked down the street to 411 and had lunch after I shopped. 


I Bee Quilting is located in the heart of the downtown shopping/dining mecca.  Another cute and very welcoming shop.  On my shopping list was a note to look for fun local fabric to cut into "traveling" squares for guild.  The print with the brands will represent my Nebraska stop.  The brands were actually created for a past Nebraska shop hop - and each one is actually for a quilt shop.  So cute!!!  


The frog fabric duo is for a future Quick Strippee child quilt.  I love making them for donation or gifting.  The strippee quilt uses 1 yard of 3 fabrics.  A blue to blend in with the frogs should be easy to find, and these will make a really cute kid quilt.  My impulse purchase here?  That license plate was from the 2017 Row By Row program.  I have a big collection of these fabric license plates and couldn't resist one I knew I didn't have.  

The final quilt shop on my road trip was in our destination of Concordia Kansas, where our family reunion was being held.  There are actually 2 quilt shops there, but I missed out on the one that closed earlier in the day.  And they are not open on Saturdays, so - maybe next trip. 


Full of Scraps is actually new since my last trip here so I was excited to check this one out.  The shop is an amazing transformation of a gas station.  Yes - a gas station!!!  And believe me, this shop is FULL of a wonderful variety of fabrics.  I could have spent a lot more time and money here.  


The 3 "garage bays" from the gas station are full of fabrics - displayed differently in each bay area, and grouped by collection types.  And you could see the roll up garage doors, and open ceiling areas.  


I was on the prowl for something to represent Kansas - and what could be better than the sunflower.  This shop had lots of sunflower options to choose from too.  This will be a fun one to cut into squares for quilt.  And I couldn't resist one more "kid print" for another future Quick Strippee quilt.  This one had pink and blue horses frolicking on a light green background.   

I didn't get too carried away shopping on this road trip.  No quilt shops were on my list for the trip home as we were driving on a Sunday, and not likely to find any of them open.  I'm sure there would have been several worth checking out but they'll have to wait for the next trip.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s fun to browse around quilt shops when on a road trip. You found some cute fabrics.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great places to stretch you legs! You did good only buying a few fabrics:)

Gretchen Weaver said...

The converted gas station looks like a wonderful fabric store. I love the children's fabric. In our area we have a fabric store that formerly had been a car dealership, lots of room!