Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

Design Wall Monday - Sewcialites2 progress

 I kept my focus on the Sewcialites blocks this weekend, and it has paid off.


Sewcialites 2 offered each of the 24 blocks in 3 different sizes, 3", 6", and 9" finished.  Silly me - I just HAD to make them all.  Actually I made 2 versions of the tiny 3" blocks.  My 6" blocks were done with bright batiks.  This photo is a bit washed out, as that yellow background is really a golden yellow, and the other colors are very saturated jewel tones of green, blue, purple, red, and orange.  I chose one of the alternate settings I saw online, and ended up with this 50 x 60 inch butterfly.  I may look for a multi-color batik for a final outer border. Something with all of these colors in it.


The final 2 tiny blocks were actually a relief to have finished.  I do not plan to make any more 3" blocks in the near future!  Remind me of that please.


My original plan with the bright and black blocks had involved pairing them up with a pretty floral with all of these bright colors and a black background.  But I remembered that there were lots of other bright/black fabrics in the drawer, and decided to look one more time before committing to the floral.  I auditioned 3 different options but decided that this Laurel Burch cat print was just the thing.  And I ended up only using 14 of the Sewcialites blocks in this wall hanging.  The rest of this set can be used in something else, possibly a mug rug or two.  This is 23 x 27 inches. 


All 24 of the 9" blocks are made with various shades of green and cream.  Currently, they are laying on the floor, waiting for some inspiration.  I'm considering making more blocks to make it larger, or possibly even setting them on point.  


The red and white 3" blocks are also finished, but my layout plan has stalled as I worked on the black and bright wall hanging.  This was where I left off, but with all of the blocks done now, the final plan may very well change.  

What's on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Ramona said...

Your butterfly layout is beautiful!! It really shows off each block and yet brings them all together in this fun design. You have been busy!

Vicki in MN said...

You had a really productive weekend!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh!!! these are all SO creative and amazing!!!
The color differences for each quilt is wonderful!!!
you will have fun with these!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing what you've been doing with your Sewcialites blocks, and they're all fun! I love the butterfly especially. Your 3 inch blocks are amazing - so many tiny pieces. Looks like they work well for wall-hanging size projects!

Nann said...

The bright/black with the Laurel Burch center really caught my eye! You've made good progress in the past few days.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful projects! The Laurel Burch fabric is perfect for the small blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the butterfly! 3 inch blocks I am so impressed...and the bright and black is just perfect!

Kate said...

Love that butterfly setting! Your kitty mini is really fun too. Looks like you've got a good start on getting the blocks into finished flimsies.