Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

To Do Tuesday

 Now that I feel mostly caught up with the Sewcialites blocks, it's time to play catch up with a couple of other on-going block projects.  And yes, my reward is to work on something new.


Goal #1 was to make the Scrappiness Is Happiness blocks for last week and this week.  There are 31 blocks total in this project from Bee In My Bonnet (Lori Holt).  If you've read my blog for very long, you know I have a fondness for house blocks and for star blocks - and #23 is Neighborhood (12.5 x 14.5"), and #24 (16.5") is called Patchwork Star.  The blocks are done (Monday sewing), and I even made 4 bonus hourglass blocks from the triangles trimmed off that star because I couldn't bear to throw away big triangles. 


Goal #2 for this week is a SECRET project.  I'm setting together blocks made by one quilt-y friend, then will pass it along to another quilt-y friend to be quilted.  

Goal #3 is to work on 2 Quick Strippee quilts.  The first one (Frogs) is already a flimsy and it just needs to be "sandwiched", so that I can work on quilting it myself.  A plan for the quilting needs to happen too. I pieced a bright polka dot backing for it last week and found a left over batting chunk big enough.  It's important to me to improve my quilting skills on these small projects.  Plus this Frog version is on my UFO list.  I most likely won't begin quilting it yet, but coming up with a plan, and getting it pin-basted this week is my goal.


And the second Quick Strippee will be sewing one of the 3 kits I cut last month, although I'm not sure which one it will be. I'm leaning toward the dogs, but we'll see.  These are such quick quilts to assemble, and very easy.  


Finally, Goal #4 has 3 small parts - planning a demo for an upcoming Sew Vintage group session, making a few purple blocks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and prepping the pieces for this month's Saturday Sampler block.  The Saturday Sampler program this year is a mix of pieced blocks and applique blocks.  This month it's applique.  The shapes need to be traced onto fusible and ironed onto the fabric.  That's the goal. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fun goals this week. Your sewing room will have a flurry of activity and progress. I saw the star block featured this week and was tempted to jump right in, but I’ve got too many other projects in the works right now.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The frogs are sure cute! You find the cutest fabrics!