Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

It's Wednesday already

 April is a busy month for our family with birthdays.  Today is my husband's birthday!  We met 50 years ago as sophomores in college. How did we get to be this OLD?  Spring has finally arrived here, with temps warm enough to melt the snow.  The golf course isn't fully open yet, but I'm guessing he'll be spending some time on the driving range as his birthday fun activity.


Last week's Sewcialites 2 block was #23, Changeling Star.  I have all 4 versions made, and I'm excited to see the final block tomorrow.  My 3" versions turned out even cuter than I hoped.  


I've been working on assembling the rows for the 6" batik version.  Because it was 85 degrees out yesterday, I had opened the windows in my sewing room.  Of course, this being South Dakota, the wind was also blowing about 30 mph.  Just as I took the picture, a gust of wind rearranged those bottom rows.  Basically all I need to do is add that last block once it's released, and sew those bottom 2 rows together.  Then I'll add the 2.5" black border all around. 

Because this is square, and I prefer rectangular quilts, I'm playing with some ideas for a top and bottom border to add some length.  I have plenty of the batiks and the black left, so something will work out.

This might even be a finished quilt top by the weekend.  I'm hopeful anyway.  And the red/white version has a partially assembled top, so that one should be easy enough to finish soon.  The 9" green blocks have no plan yet, and neither do the little 3" bright ones with the black background.  

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy Birthday to Husband!!!!
And wow - what a gorgeous quilt - I love the layout!!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This afternoon, I heard the first lawn mower of the season! Temperatures have been warm and I’ve been out and about without a jacket, which is somewhat unusual for April in Laramie. Great progress on the butterfly rows.