Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Humble Homes - 4 rows

There are now 4 completed rows of houses and trees on the Humble Homes quilt, with one more to be finished.  That 5th row has the houses ironed on and I've begun the applique for the trees.  Guess it pays off to focus for a change.


There are 2 different backgrounds used, but they are so similar that it will be difficult to notice.  This final background strip had to be pieced, and hopefully that won't be noticeable either once it's all quilted.  The seam will be in the center.   
 

The pattern has a fancy braided border on all 4 sides, mixing blues and greens.  I have enough fabric to do that, but am not sure I actually want that fancy border.  A simple border might work out just fine, and would certainly be quicker.  

8 comments:

Preeti said...

The neighborhood is coming along nicely - one house and one tree at a time. I hope I can move in soon :-D

Ramona said...

I'm not a huge fan of houses in quilts, but these rows with the trees are really cute. I love the shape of the trees. It's such a fun quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looking good! Did you ever show what the whole quilt will look like when done? I'm wondering if you have a planned border or will design that when you get to it

Vicki in MN said...

You got this!! Is the 5th row the last one then?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looking good! I got out an old unfinished project and had to figure out how to do the stitches again! Not sure if I will concentrate on it again or tuck it away again!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This is going to be an attractive quilt. A simple border might be the way to go.

Nann said...

Great progress in your "subdivision." I looked up the pattern to see the braided border. You may just want to get this one done and move on!

Mary Johnson said...

This makes me want to get my school house die out … but maybe I should quilt the UFO Mom helped me make with it first?!