Pages

Friday, April 14, 2023

Distracted by clutter

 Yesterday afternoon I played cards with 3 friends.  We try to get together for cards and friend time at least 2-3 times per month.  Conversation turned to "hoarding", as a couple of us know someone personally with this issue.  I'm not in that category, but I do have more clutter than is necessary.


I decided today I need to clear out some of the excess clutter in my home office at least.  And I started with this basket, which was supposed to hold art supplies for the grandkis.  How did it become the repository for orphaned cords?  Do you have this problem too?  Random lengths of network cables. Car chargers for cell phones long gone.  And obviously someone - my husband - has been dropping lanyards and name tags from conferences and meetings into that basket too. 

My reward for clearing out some of this mess?  I'll make that final Sewcialites block in the batiks so I can finish up that quilt top this weekend. And tonight I'm going with a friend to the Show Choir performance, and just relax.

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Oh yes, we declutter all the time, just a little here and there. It builds up so fast everywhere.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh gawd we have a drawer in the basement that the old cords go to die, wish DH would let me just trash them. But every once in a while he finds something he can use in there. I suppose he feels the same way about my crafting clutter in the basement too! Ya never know when you might need it, haha.

Kate said...

Yes, since I live with a techie, we have all kinds of cords. Computer, phone, camera, guitars. I need to do some serious decluttering, next weekend our community has a community wide recycle program where they accept chemicals and electronic devices. So that's my plan for this week.

Nann said...

Good for you! I've taken two boxes of stuff to the church for the May rummage sale -- no random cords, though. I have another box underway. And I went to a barn sale with crafts--fabric!--yesterday and didn't buy anything!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Since downsizing for a move five years ago, I reassess my “stuff” constantly: if something comes into the apartment, then something must go out. Closets are frequently scrutinized for things to purge. I do have a bin in the garage for cords, but all are marked/labeled. If I don’t have the device anymore, the cord is donated.