Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Progress on a couple of fronts

I promise that the applique project is now on my sewing table, and the ironing board area is cleaned up. So today the applique is what I'll be working on.


This is where I left off - last fall.  The background for the final 2 rows is cut, and the houses and trees are sorted for the appropriate row.  Row 4 is ready to do the measuring for location - today.

One of the reasons I keep procrastinating on this is because the kit (purchased some years ago) did NOT have fusible on the back of these laser cut trees.  The houses have fusible, plus the edges are all straight so they are easy.  But these floppy trees are a PAIN to keep in place, and to go around all these curved edges. 

Yesterday I focused on clearing up any partial projects laying around on my ironing board, which included these 2 pillowcases.  I kitted up 3 last week, but only sewed one - the tropical fish. These 2 are are now done as well. I'm keeping the chili pepper one myself but the other 2 are added to the small stack of pillowcases I will eventually donate. 

The big snow storm missed us.  We got rain and a little sleet yesterday, and today it's cold and windy but the sun is peeking through.  And we are expecting temps in the mid 60s by Saturday.  Yay!!  Maybe the rest of this snow will melt quickly and allow spring to arrive.   

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

must be almost time for the snow to stop happening and spring peaking out

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think you may be relieved when you get the trees and house done! 60 degrees wow, they say we may get to 40 on Easter Sunday!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I don’t do appliqué but I wonder if a light coating of spray adhesive would keep the trees in place enough for sewing.

Nann said...

I thought of spray adhesive, too -- odd that they didn't add the web to the trees. Either that or cut some slivers of web and fuse them to strategic parts of the trees, just enough to hold them down so the presser foot and feed dogs don't eat them..........Two more fun, cheerful pillowcases!