Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2023

RSC Week #16 - purple and more

Only a few purple blocks were made this week, mostly in between other projects.  I've been busy, and work hours cut into my sewing time.


Two Stashbuster blocks were added.  There are only 8 of these on the hanger so far.  I've been using a variety of neutral backgrounds, with white, cream, grey - prints and solids.  And the parts ALL came from the scrap bins.   


Two purple Brighten blocks happened too.  This was a Sewcialites 2 block from earlier this year that I felt would work well for both RSC and also for Quilts of Valor blocks.  There were only 6 of these on the hanger, but this is month 4.  What?  There are 2 pink ones, 2 blue ones, and now the 2 purple.  I obviously forgot to make any green ones that month.  


That was an easy fix since the green scrap bin is still overflowing.


A couple of new purple Irish Chain blocks were added to the stack last week, and that meant there were enough blocks to finish this quilt top.  Five blocks are leftover if I go with this layout, but if I make just 3 more then I can add one more side column.  It's 48 x 64 right now, without the extra row on the side. 
 
What is happening around the RSC world this week? 
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Such a charming Irish Chain flimsy. It could be a fun I Spy quilt for some little one. So many fun fabrics to cast one's eye over.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the Brighten blocks! They'll make a great rainbow quilt. And the Irish Chain design is so fun and full of color - love that design!

Deb A said...

Pretty Irish Chain top. The stashbuster blocks are looking great.

Char said...

Love the Irish chain quilt top!

Jenny said...

Work interrupting your sewing time, hardly seems fair. Seems a good idea to make a few more blocks and add that extra side row to your pretty top.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job on adding blocks to your collections. The Irish Chain is a beauty. Another row would be good especially if you don’t want orphan blocks.

grammajudyb said...

Several great blocks today. I especially like the Brighten blocks and the colorful irish change is fantastic. I'd all the other row. Why not?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Irish Chain is ever so pretty! Perfect scrappy quilt!

Astrid said...

The Irish Chain quilt is beautiful, and so are the blocks. No purple sewing for me this week, waiting for a charm pack to add more variety to the purple quilt I'm working on.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE those Scrapbuster blocks in PURPLE and your freshly finished Irish Chain quilt top, Sara!!!