Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2023

RSC Week #14 - more purple

 I played with purple a little bit this week, and played with a partial set of RSC blocks, and finished up assembling rows on a non-RSC quilt top.  Lots of variety.  


Six small hearts were added to the project box for this month.  They won't be added to the quilt until there is enough variety in the colors for another row.  


Three new Pyramid blocks - 2 purple and 1 red - were added to the stack. 


When I attempted to hang them in the closet on the skirt hanger, I realized that there were a LOT of these blocks, so I took them upstairs and layed them out on the floor.  There are 35 of them, but I do still need more to make a nice big quilt.  Guess I'll have to use 2 skirt hangers to old them all nicely. 


That was the end of purple for this week, but here is Humble Homes with 5 complete rows.  The pattern called for a 2.5" "stop" border using background fabric all around, and that is done.  It does give that whole center the illusion of floating.  I think I've made up my mind that the outer border will be plain and simple, rather than pieced and complicated.  As is, this is approximately 64 x 72, so with a wider outer border added it will be a fairly large quilt.

What fun things can be found in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge world today? I find new inspiration every single week from these other quilters.
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

Nann said...

The pyramid blocks are my favorites of this batch. The house quilt will be finished before you know it.

Vicki in MN said...

All of your projects are looking great! I bet you had a big sigh of relief when you put the last stitches into appliquing that last row.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your pyramid blocks. I started to make one a couple years ago but lost interest and passed to the blocks made to another - the pieces were very small and I had too many small piece projects going on at the time.

Mari said...

Love the pyramid blocks, and I highly recommend a projectbox instead of a skirt hanger. That way you can make them until the box is full without worrying! Happy Easter!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Always love your hearts, in any color, Sara! The pyramid blocks are amazing - fun to see them all laid out together. Your Humble Homes quilt top is beautiful, too - I'll enjoy seeing what you do for the final border!

Anonymous said...

Great scrappy projects. Those pyramid blocks will use up lots of scraps! Isn’t it fun to dig into the scraps? Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Cathy said...

I love all your blocks (those hearts!), but my heart was stolen by your Humble Homes quilt top! It will be so beautiful and serene with a simple border. It looks, to my winter-weary eyes that the white background is snow! 😍

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bold PURPLE Heart blocks and your Triangle quilt is going to be magnificent! Love, love, LOVE your Humble Homes quilt!!

Kate said...

Your purple hearts are really sweet. That is such a fun project. Humble Homes turned out beautifully! You had a really productive week.

Helenchaffin said...

lots of fun projects,the pyramid block looks interesting,I don't think I've ever seen it, interesting to see how you finish the edges

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations for finishing the house/trees rows!

Shepherdess55 said...

You had a busy week in your sewing room! Did you do a happy dance when you finished the last row of Humble Homes quilt? Looking forward to seeing the final border.

Mrs. T said...

Those pyramid blocks are fantastic!!

Jenny said...

Humble homes and trees is very striking indeed. And I always love heart blocks. As usual, you have been very busy stitching away this week.

Vireya said...

Lovely purple pieces. The pyramid blocks will make a fantastic quilt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice finish on the humble home! Well done!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loveing the PURPLE!!! all of those blocks are so great - your triangle ones... those are Super Cool!