Pages

Friday, July 7, 2023

3-D Pinwheels and more

 The 3-D Pinwheel block was one of those squirrels that crossed my path, and now it's a finished quilt top ready to quilt.  Yay!!

Credit for introducing me to the 3-D Pinwheel goes to Becki, a friend in the Sew Vintage group.  She shared a link for the block, and of course I just couldn't resist.  These blocks can be made any size you want, but I cut the squares all 4".  So the block is 7.5".  Each color has 4 blocks - 2 with light pinwheels, and 2 reversed, with darker pinwheels.  The border is a bright tropical print that I bought specifically for this quilt.  It is 36 x 44, so a good size for a baby quilt. 

There are actually 8 more blocks left over - bright blue and coral.  Seed blocks for another quilt? 


And a finish for this week - 2 Halloween table runners.  These are the 60 Degree runners, made with a border print.  The gnome border print worked well with the grey backing left over from another quilt.  And the binding was a black/white print in the stash.  Even the batting was from the leftover stack.  I love it when I can make something new without buying anything new.  

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You have the perfect print for the border on the pinwheel quilt. How will you quilt that? So fun to shop our own stashes for projects for sure! Have a good week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I made a 3D pinwheel quilt years ago - I wonder who has it I don't remember!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you had a busy week!

Nann said...

The pinwheels are such fun! And, yes, what satisfaction with discovering all the ingredients for a project in the stash.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Such a pretty and cheerful quilt.

woolyjooly said...

Hey, could I please purchase one of your Halloween toppers for my friend's birthday? (Aug. 13) She's nuts for that holiday!