Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

To Do Tuesday

There are a couple of things I really want to accomplish this week.  Some will be relatively quick, and other tasks will take some time.  I had to work on Monday, so no sewing time happened.  But I'm optimistic about the rest of the week, with a focus on forward progress on WIPs. 


This set of Happy Blocks is done, and 5 of the 7 rows are assembled.  Once those last 2 rows are sewn, then it really shouldn't take long to sew the rows to each other for a finished child size quilt top.  This was my PIG project for July. 


The blocks are all made for the second Split Back Star quilt and the blocks are even pinned into rows.  This will be a Quilt of Valor, with 30 blocks made by me and one other person.  My goal is to have 3 of the 6 rows assembled this week. 


The binding on Haunted Halloween is attached and ready for the hand stitching.  I also have the binding attached to the 3-D Pinwheels baby quilt.  And I need to decide on the binding for a big scrappy quilt that I just picked up from the quilter.  I'm leaning toward a scrappy binding.  Decisions, decisions!


I've decided on a pieced border to finish off this red and white project.  The border will use 2.5" blocks, so the finished size of this wall hanging should be about 28-30" square.  I just hope to cut the pieces for that outer border this week, and plan the sewing for the weekend or next week.  The remaining 3" blocks from the Sewcialites sew-along will become something else eventually.  But for this project it will stop at wall hanging size.

2 comments:

Nann said...

I like the setting for the red/white blocks -- unusual! Have a great day.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh great projects!!! I really like those happy blocks!!!