Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

Design Wall Monday - Changing months

Some months are much more productive than others.  My plan this summer has been loosely formed around moving projects to the next stage - whatever that might be.  Well, I got several sets of blocks moved to the "flimsy" stage, and did a lot of binding for finished projects.  Some were big, some were small.  Now as the calendar page turns to August, the plan is staying the same.  Move projects forward, and have some fun with them.


The UFO Challenge number for August is #12.  One of the 3 projects on my spreadsheet for that number is already completely done and marked off the list. Check!!  The middle item is a complicated applique project, and it's going to just stay on the UFO list for now because I just don't feel like working on it.  And I'm OK with that.  But the last item on the list is already a flimsy, so it's one that should be easy to move forward - which means quilting, then binding.


This Quick Strippee quilt is child sized.  The binding is already cut and ready to go.  I think I even have some backing for this one already. 

While I'm thinking ahead about choosing some fun projects to play with this month, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color will be YELLOW.  Hmmm - what yellow things are hiding out in my sewing room just waiting for some attention?

And - what is on YOUR design wall this final Monday in July?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 

Now to look back at the month of July. Wow!! I surprised even myself at how much was accomplished in July. I'm patting myself on the back!

Quilt Tops Completed - easy when most of the block sets are done

  • Rainbow Twinkle Star quilt top
  • Happy Block child quilt top
  • Purple 4-Patch child quilt top
  • Split Back Star QOV quilt #1
  • Split Back Star QOV quilt #2
  • Daring Spirit QOV quilt #1
  • Red/white Sewcialites wall hanging top
  • Spiderman doll quilt top
Finished Projects - the big quilts just needed binding
  • Christmas Saturday Sampler (queen size quilt)
  • Dark/Bright Saturday Sampler quilt
  • Twinkle Star Quilt of Valor
  • Humble Homes quilt
  • Haunted Halloween wall hanging
  • 3-D Pinwheel baby quilt
  • 2 Halloween Gnome table runners
  • Dog (star block) doll quilt

3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Hi Sara. I love making those strippie quilts, so fast and fun, happy fabrics and lots of machine quilting playground areas. No kids here, so the child fabrics are a joy to work with and the quilts are a joy to give.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Excellent progress even with a trip thrown into the mix!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You had a great month and wow you got a lot done!