Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

To Do Tuesday

 I had great plans to hide out in my sewing room on Monday because it was going to be hot and humid here.  After about a half hour of peaceful stitching, my husband popped in to see if I wanted to go to Menards with him. Since I had a little shopping list already going I had to say YES.

We now have a nice sturdy step stool for me to use when I can't reach things, like trying to hang some curtains.  I'm "vertically challenged" along with getting older, so this will be very handy and much safer than my other little step stool.

And yes, it was hot and humid - so the afternoon made for some excellent sewing time.  Finishing the paper piecing for the cruise project was my first priority.  All 18 of these arcs are now pieced and ready for the next step, which is carefully removing the paper.


Once the paper is removed they will each be sewn onto that pink arc. Then some will get the grey outer piece, and some will get a pale yellow.  Some of the center "pie" slices are light blue instead of the green in this picture.  All of the remaining seams are curved to finish these blocks.  

This is the last set of blocks to make for the cruise project.  So, I'm hoping that sometime in August I'll have this top done and ready to quilt.  

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a similar step stool, I like that I can hang on if needed! Stay cool and I hope you escaped the wildfire smoke.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I use a similar step stool for hanging quilts on the design wall for photos. I feel safe using it instead of a chair.