Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Quilts of Valor - 2 new flimsies

 Having all of the parts and pieces for a quilt all cut and kitted up sure makes the actual assembly of the quilt go quickly.  Two next Quilts of Valor flimsies are ready for quilting.  My cool and shady front porch made a good place for pictures in the early morning.


This is the second Split Back Star quilt top.  We used different layouts with them, and I'm not sure which I like the best.  Diagonal rows works really nicely. 


The was a Villa Rosa pattern called Daring Spirits, and it was really a fast one to sew because those strips are 5" wide.  I really LOVE those double friendship stars in the corners.  And the corners trimmed from those star blocks ended up in another FUN block.


I sewed the corning trimmings into the pinwheels, then realized I could do something fun with them. But what could they become?  Here is the resulting 12" block.  What can I call this - a Pinwheel 9-Patch block maybe? 

There is one more of these (with a different panel) kitted up, but it may have to wait until next month as I have some other projects I want to work on.  

I really need to go back and count how many Quilts of Valor tops I've made myself. I'm sure they are adding up.  A big Thank You again to blogging friend Nancy at Wyoming Breezes blog for helping me get our QOV group started here.  She does count, and her most recent QOV top was #238!!!!

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The newest QOV looks very nice. The diagonal set looks great! Happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love both of these tops!! and yay for a great place to take photos!!!
Isn't that cool to see the quilts you have made accumulate!! ( I am not good at statistics - but I love others!!)

Ramona said...

238 Quilts of Valor quilts! That is awesome!! I just love your bright patriotic fabrics in these quilts. Thank you for making all the quilts that you do. :)

Nann said...

Great way to use the panel. Good for you to start a QOV in your area.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job! I love the block you created with the trimmings. It would make a stunning quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Another beauty was born! I like your new 9 patch pinwheel, sounds like a good name for it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pinwheel nine patch...they sure are nice! Both of your flimsies are so very pretty!! Your cruise blocks are turning out different than I imagined....my eye doesn't know where to go!