Pages

Monday, July 17, 2023

Design Wall Monday - Humble Homes finish

 My design wall has other projects on it, but I had to post about my most recent finish - Humble Homes - long on the UFO list, but finally finished. 


There was WAY TOO MUCH applique on this quilt, but now that it's done I really love it.  The houses and the trees are all applique.  It's a long story, but this quilt was from a kit containing laser cut houses and trees, purchased several years ago, and then neglected for a few years.  I hated the fabrics used for the houses in the kit.  They were ugly colors and ugly prints.  So I replaced them with blue batiks.


The backing is a green botanical batik.  The binding is a blue batik.  I'm thinking this quilt will hang on my dining room wall this coming winter where I can enjoy it every day.

What's on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks nice!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the finish. Yikes, you hand cut all the houses and trees? Are you every going to use the other ones? Someone would probably love them although it would be a lot of work for a give away quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for a finish of a long-time project! It's really pretty, and very wintry looking, too. It sounds like you had to start over when you didn't like the fabrics in the kit - that must have been discouraging. But you did it!

Nann said...

What a beautiful and satisfying rescue, Sara!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

An excellent finish! Your persistence paid off.

quiltingbydawn said...

I'm not a fan of doing applique but your quilt is beautiful! Glad you are happy with the finish!

Kate said...

A very pretty finish!