Pages

Monday, July 3, 2023

Design Wall Monday - July 3

What's on your design wall this morning? 
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Mine has the Twinkle Star blocks - actually layed out on the floor while I play with color arrangement.  This was a set of Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks done in 2021 and 2022.  I'm using 42 of the 9" blocks for this quilt.  A little rearranging still needs to happen because there is too much blue down near the bottom.  But hopefully I'll have a finished top by the end of the week.

No sewing happened for a couple of days because we had a really wonderful family reunion over the weekend.  It was my husband's maternal first cousin group (with spouses), and they had a really good turnout with people traveling to SD from Maryland, Utah, Arizona, Minnesota, and Iowa. 


These are the cousins who attended - 24 of them ranging in age from almost 90 to 54.  There were about 10 others who couldn't attend for various reasons.  I married into a BIG family.


This is just the siblings and spouses for my husband's family.  He and I are on the far right.  My snow white hair matched my white skirt.  His older and younger brothers are on the left, and his older sister next to him.  I think this is the first time the 8 of us have been together long enough for a photo.

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

So glad the family gathering worked out so well! Great photos of everyone. Good lucky on getting a flimsy sewn this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to get together with our brothers and sisters while we still can - I always miss the fact that when we get together we can never get everyone there!

Kat Scribner said...

This quilt is just gorgeous, Sara !

Tired Teacher 2 said...

❤️ the Twinkle Stars all together! I think it’s great to have reunions regularly so the family can stay connected. I’m curious: who won the signature quilt?

Bonnie said...

Twinkle Stars just twinkles. It's so great. Have fun deciding on the layout. I sometimes think I spend more time figuring out layouts than I do actually making the blocks. Looked like a great group. It seems to me a good percentage of cousins were able to attend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a nice cousins gathering!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How fun to gather up!!
Twinkle is so pretty - those blocks are so cool!