Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

Design Wall Monday - Feb. 12

 Spring seems to have arrived here in SD - which is not normal for February.  Our lawn is actually green. This is so weird after having snow and negative 45 degree wind chills less than a month ago.

I'm driving a friend to the airport this afternoon.  She probably doesn't need to spend the next 2 months in Florida to avoid winter here in SD.


I'm on a roll with this mini quilt, with most of the hearts made that will frame the love birds. I'm hoping to have this top at least done this week.  


One of the fabric Row By Row license plates has been put to good use.  I put it on the front of a 10" zipper pouch.  This will work nicely for holding my small rulers and other tools when I take them to a retreat or workshop.  I should make a couple more of these as door prizes to give away at the retreat I'm going to at the end of the month.  

What's on your design wall today?

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

weather seems to be strange every where!

Tired Teacher said...

Temperatures have been very moderate in recent weeks, and it does feel a bit like Spring. Nothing new happening in my sewing room, but I have been knitting.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like your love birds and hearts. My guild is doing 'animal quilts' one month and I have been combing the web to find something to make. Great use of your license plate fabric!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We who live in the mountain west know that the weather can change at any moment! Your birds and hearts are so sweet together - that will be a fun mini. Cute project bag, too!

Nann said...

Yes, unusually mild here, too. And actually we NEED prolonged cold to kill pests (insects, some fungus, etc.). But this is not the winter.

Great way to use that shop hop license plate!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty red and white blocks! Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them and you. I am just reading a few blogs tonight my mind is like mush. I am exhausted both physically and mentally after caring for my Mom. It was really hard. Coming here to see your sewing projects was what I needed.

Kate said...

Your mini quilt is coming along beautifully! Your little bag is pretty cute. Those would make fun door prizes.

Bonnie said...

There are green lawns here in Northern Virginia too. Luckily our lows aren't anywhere near yours. Your love birds are looking cute.