Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Design Wall Monday - February 5

What's on YOUR design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


My design wall has more bags on it.  On Saturday our guild had a "sew day" and class to make these 12" vinyl project bags.  The vinyl front allows you to see what's inside the bag.  So cute!!  I couldn't stay for the sewing part, but did manage to complete my bag later in the weekend.  Our guild president has been making these by the dozen I think, and she did an awesome job of demonstrating the process.  Mine used a cocktail novelty print for that inside, and the lime green dot for the back and the zipper area. The whole thing took less than 2 hours to make.  


So of course I had to follow this squirrel and cut out the pieces for a couple more of them.  I have enough of this cute patriotic print to make a couple of the 12" vinyl bags, and even a couple of the smaller quilted bags I've been making.  

My plan for the week is to finish a couple of these bags, and then to work on a couple of other projects - one new and one WIP.


My 2023 Saturday Sampler needs a bit of embroidery added, and then it will be ready to quilt once I find a backing.  The Show n Tell is this coming Saturday morning, and then they'll introduce the new Saturday Sampler program.  I got a sneak peak at the new one and it will be fun.


I plan to cut the pieces this week for the Better Together mini from the Cupid Box I bought from Fat Quarter Shop.  It's so cute with its mix of pinks and reds.  

If I get those tasks done this week, I'll be a happy camper.  And while I'm at it, there will hopefully be a variety of red blocks made for the RSC color for February. 

6 comments:

Kate said...

You picked some fun fabrics for those bags. happy stitching this week. You've got some fun projects in the works.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the fun prints you've been finding for your project bags, Sara! The Better Together mini quilt looks adorable, too. Have fun working on that one!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your bags are really fun!

Debbie said...

Love your project bag. They are so handy. I have made 1 and even quilted the bottom layer. I love the clear vinyl for my needlework. Easy to pick up and carry in the car.
Your Saturday Sampler is amazing: I love the setting of the blocks in conjunction with the sewing pieces. Great color combination as well.
And the Cupid box looks to be a great project. Have fun playing.

Nann said...

The project bags would be great gifts for a quilt retreat. I like the sewing-themed sampler!

cityquilter grace said...

love all the projects but esp the valentine piece...sooo cute