Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2024

RSC24 - Week #5

Plenty of red happened this week - some of it planned for RSC, and some was just accidentally the color of the month.  The sewing fit in around some work hours this week. 


The 2 zippered pouches using the chocolate novelty print and red polka dots were a happy accident.  These were cut out and ready to sew before I knew about red for February.  


This was pouch #5 from this pattern in the past couple of weeks.  They are about 10" square and fully lined.  I have set aside a couple more pieces of fabric that would make cute pouches.  And our guild has a class going on after the meeting today to make slightly larger versions of these, but with clear vinyl fronts.  I'm really looking forward to that.


Three red Zipper blocks happened.  I think I'm addicted to  making these fun blocks.


The Dutchman's Puzzle blocks will all have aqua, paired with the color of the month.  The new red/aqua block is #4.  There are 2 with green and the first one I made in 2023 has orange.


I also had this green finish on the final day of January.  The 9" blocks were from the Sewcialites 2 sew-along in 2023.  This was one of many layout ideas I saw online.  

Check out more rainbow projects . . .

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That chocolate print is really fun - a great happy accident for red month. Your zipper blocks look great, too. I have those on my list for the coming week.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Love the idea of pairing up the color of the month with a unifying, featured, turquoise fabric in each block. Your 2023 SAL quilt is fun. I can see why you opted for that layout.

Kate said...

Very cute pouches. Hope you enjoyed and got something out of the guild class. You've got a good start on the RSC blocks for this month.

Vicki in MN said...

Those zipper blocks look fun and quick to make. A vinyl pouch will be neat so you can see what's in it at a glance. I need to make a few more of those. Better get some vinyl first. I wonder what weight your group is using?

Char said...

Love that green finish!💚

scraphappy said...

The green star quilt is just stunning!

Chrisknits said...

Your pouches are so neat! I make mine with vinyl fronts, must consider just using the fabric.