Pages

Monday, February 26, 2024

Design Wall Monday - Feb 26

What's on YOUR design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

My design wall is full of things I still need to unpack from the retreat and put away or organize for finishing.  I did accomplish quite a bit in 3 days of sewing. One thing I did not accomplish was reading blogs or commenting on any of them.  This week I'll try to get caught up on what I've missed - and unpack my retreat stuff. 


Twelve ladies all set up in a rural hunting lodge and ready to sew, sew, sew for 3 days.  We look a bit cramped, but actually worked out nicely.  There were 2 ironing stations and 2 cutting stations set up . . . plus a very important snack station.  It was such an enjoyable retreat.


One complete finish was the pumpkin mini quilt. This 12" mini will go on the little iron hanger on my fireplace heart in the fall - currently occupied by a Valentine mini.


The St Patrick's Day mini for the hanger just needs a little applique in that white center. Then I will quilt and bind it.  This will hang in March.


I showed the Bargello tree skirt flimsy yesterday. This was my top priority and it took me all day on Friday to get the 16 wedges sewn.  Then Saturday morning I layed them out and sewed the whole circle together.  The backing I have will need a bit of piecing to make it large enough and then it will go to a local long arm quilter.  She and I have already talked about thread and design.  This was a kit I purchased from Shabby Fabrics.  The pattern even showed which fabrics went in each wedge spot, which was a big help with the Bargello process.

There were a few other projects that I'll show another day - a baby quilt top is done, some blocks were made, and a pillow top was finished.  And - I won 24 fat quarters in one of the games of Left, Right, Center!!  Once I unpack my rolling crate I'll take more photos, and share during the week.
 

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had a very productive retreat. And, your bargello wedge piece is wonderful. I made something similar way too many years ago but it used bigger pieces so doesn't look half as involved as yours. Yea for winning the pot at Left, Right, Center. I always enjoy that game. Hope you can finish your St Patty's day mini before March starts...or soon after. Have a quilty week.

Nann said...

Glad you had a great time at the retreat! How did your husband fare in your absence?

LA Paylor said...

I cannot believe what you got done at retreat!!!
Every piece I saw, the pumpkin, squee! love the fabrics you chose, then the next was that way cool st patricks square in a square in a square with perfect scale fabrics, then my mouth actually fell open with the tree skirt.
WANT!!! how beautiful it is!
LeeAnna

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Cute pumpkin wall-hanging - and the March mini is fun, too! Sounds like you had a great time at your retreat!

Kate said...

Looks like a very productive weekend. Both the pumpkin and the shamrock mini are very cute. Hope you've gotten stuff put away and are back to working through your in progress projects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like you are having fun! The tree skirt is very pretty, love the swirl design:)

time4stitchn said...

Impressive progress on your projects. I love retreats and working with all the wonderful people and seeing their fabrics and projects. Always so much fun, and yes, the snack table is always a hit!