Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

SAHRR and more

The lighting isn't the best, but I'm quite pleased with my Round #4 on the SAHRR.


The prompt was "square-in-a-square" and I decided to keep it simple this time.  That turned out to be a good decision as I've been struggling with balance.  The simple strips with only 1 square-in-a-square each is keeping this project from being too visually busy.  


 One other good thing that happened on Tuesday morning was fixing that Dutchman's Puzzle block. 


The geese are now ALL flying out, rather than in.  I've been making 2 of these each month - with aqua paired with the RSC color.  So there are 2 green and 2 red so far, along with 1 orange one that was a test block last fall.  I'm using batiks for the colors and scrappy white-on-white for the backgrounds. 


 The Valentine project is sandwiched and I'm hoping to begin quilting it today.

13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute projects, I really like how your SAHRR is turning out. Happy stitcing!

Kate said...

The simple borders on the bottom do balance out the busy right side beautifully. Hope you get in lots of stitching time today.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like how you did that with your SAHRR square in a square blocks, Sara! That's a neat effect with them offset like that. Pretty blue and green in those borders, too!

Vicki in MN said...

That was good thinking to add only one sq in sq block.

Chrisknits said...

Oh I love those birds and hearts!! And the SAHRR is coming along well. I have my idea, but need to find a lot of time to execute. LOL

Bernie Kringel said...

So many sweet projects. I love the idea of using the blue to tie your RSC blocks together and make a cohesive design - I think that will look really nice. Love the progress on your SAHRR as well.

JanineMarie said...

The squares are sweetly whimsical. Isn't it neat that the quilt knows just what it wants, whatever the prompt? (I like your other projects, too, even though I'm preoccupied with the SAHRR.)

grammajudyb said...

I’m unhappy with mu sq in a sq rendition. I may become a copycat, and use your idea!

piecefulwendy said...

Your quilt looks nice, and I think the simple border works well! Those little birds are darling!

Mari said...

I love how your center square isn't in the center anymore. It makes for an interresting design. The square in a square round looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is developing so prettily ❤️
Janie

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I like those square in square blocks. Subtle but very effective. I also love your birds :)

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I love how you used the square in a square blocks in those borders! Great job. Thanks for joining in with us!