Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Small finishes - vinyl project bags

 It was a squirrel I just HAD to follow. I'm so easily distracted.


The 12" vinyl bag with the cocktail fabric is the one I made after our guild class on Saturday.  Then I cut out the other 2 using that cute red truck and American flag fabric.  There was plenty of it left, so I used some of it to make a 10" pouch (no vinyl).  I'm feeling a bit addicted to making these, but will need to buy more vinyl. LOL  I keep seeing fabric in the stash that would be fun to use. There just may be a Valentine themed one in pieces next to the sewing machine right now.  And a vintage-y cherry print one too.  Finishes for today?  Hopefully.


I'm reminding myself that each one of these little bags uses up a couple more fat quarters out of the stash, and more of the leftover batting pieces.  So it's all good, right?  The only thing purchased for all of these was the vinyl - so far. 

In the past month I've now made 3 of the 12" vinyl front zippered project bags, 6 of the 10" zippered pouches, and 1 small tote bag.  On a positive note, that meant 2 kits (tote bag and 1st pouch) that were languishing in a drawer are now pulled out and finished.  The big stack of small batting leftovers has shrunk, along with the stash of zippers that were in a drawer.  Several years ago I purchased a pack of 30 zippers - all 22" long, in a variety of colors.  It's great that the zippers can be cut into whatever length needed. 

2 comments:

Kate said...

Those bags are really cute. It is nice to find a project that uses up some bits and pieces of leftovers without having to add to the stash.

Vicki in MN said...

Okay you are just trying to get me to go down that squirrel path with you!!!! If you find out what weight vinyl works best let me know, I am thinking I should make a few and try in my Etsy shop. Hmm now come to think of it I might have downloaded a free pattern, I better go check;)