Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

Blue Hexies

 OK - while straightening out "stuff" collecting in a drawer, I came across this little container full of hexies, all made with blue batiks.  I know I did these on a guild bus trip several years ago but had no actual plan for how to use them.  I just needed some hand work to do on the long bus ride and used a charm pack of batiks from the stash.  


Flash forward a few years . . . and I think these are going to be some fun handwork again while cooped up at home in bad weather and increasing Covid numbers.  Or while riding in the car. 


My plan is to hand stitch them into these little flower shapes and then applique them onto some neutral background squares.  There were enough to make 20 of the flowers with matching petals.  These hexies are 1" along each side, so not too tiny, but not very big.  There are still a few left in the container to play with for something else.    

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These are going to be beautiful blue flowers! These will be a wonderful hand project on these cold days, happys titching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a bunch of those cut too...extras I made some quilted little coasters:)

Kate said...

Love all those blues! That will definitely be a fun handwork project when you need something portable.