Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Wrapping up the red

Looking back at January I can see that I really, really dug into the red fabrics around here.  I even surprised myself when I saw how much red I used this month.  


My Stay At Home Round Robin project this year is going to remain just a red and white project, so there will be more added to this in the next few weeks.  


There are 4 of these Framed Friendship Star blocks - 2 have light centers, and 2 have dark.  


Two new red patriotic Star blocks were made along with some little hourglass blocks made from trimming those star point corners.  These will go into a Quilt of Valor. 


Red was a major feature of the casserole potholder and the 3 matching smaller hotpads.  These are destined to be gifted.  


Three new batik Nanci's Star blocks were added to the collection.  


I made 4 more of these Twinkle Stars.  There are nearly enough to make a good sized quilt. 


Seems like I made a LOT of hearts this month - including 4 of the large Falling in Love blocks.  And I made 5 of the small hearts using red.  


Even this year's Saturday Sampler features red, but I won't be switching to any other color for these blocks.  I'm using a Christmas theme so I'll be playing with red all year for these.

And there were a few other odds and ends that came about - in red.  Time to move on to the February colors of aqua and teal.  

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - RSC22:


11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Wow! That is a lot of red used up. So many great blocks in progress. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilts later in the year.

Vicki in MN said...

Sew much fun to see all that you accomplished so far this year! Your red fabrics will take a hit this year and you might just need to go shopping to replenish it next year;)

Maggie said...

Wow, all your projects are looking amazing. Love the fact that you will make a Christmas quilt as well. They are special even if we use them for a shorter time than any of they other quilts. Stay warm and safe.

Sue said...

Love those Twinkle Stars! Can't wait to see all the blocks put together.

Ivani said...

Beautiful blocks in progress, it will be great seeing your collections growing during the year, Sara!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! You've been busy with your RED scraps this month, Sara!! Looking forward to seeing your SAHRR grow.

Deb A said...

You did a great job with your red scraps. It is hard to select a favorite. (Those twinkle stars, but shhh, don't tell the other blocks)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really love the Twinkle Star and that large heart block you made! Are you making those in all the colors? They'll make a great quilt!

Mari said...

Great to use up all that red. I love the twinkle stars and your round robin looks great. On to aqua!

Jeanna said...

You had a busy January! All very nice blocks and I love the casserole potholder and hot pads, too.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, you really hit the red stash with a variety of blocks!!! Awesome!