Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Twinkle Stars

 I've added another red Twinkle Star block.  Isn't this one a hoot?  I love, love, love that big polka dot in the star points.  


I haven't decided yet exactly how I plan to lay out these blocks for a quilt.  Sashing - pieced or plain?  No sashing at all?  Framed blocks?  But there are definitely plenty of options.


I laid out the the 29 blocks I have so far to see what colors I really should focus on.  There are plenty of yellow, purple, and green.  But I really could add more red or aqua or maybe some darker blue.  

And honestly - if I want a nice big quilt then I'll need quite a few more blocks. 



7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

all very pretty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the polka dots, wow those are some pretty blocks...I can see them sashed in that multicolored dot fabric like in the Fish School:)

Shepherdess55 said...

Yes, a couple more red blocks for sure and then, perhaps, some dark blue too.

Nann said...

I made a Twinkle Star quilt when I won the Block Lotto. I remember debating straight or on-point. I'll email you a photo....Meanwhile, teh polka dot is a great touch!

Ramona said...

I LOVE the polka dots!!! These are going to make a beautiful quilt, however you decide to finish it.

Kate said...

This is one of my favorite blocks. Yours are beautiful, love the bold and bright colors. Seeing yours makes me want to make another quilt from them.

Preeti said...

Twinkle Stars are really beautiful. Maybe next year I will make them for RSC. Whatever layout you choose, it will be lovely.