Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Stay At Home Round Robin

I wasn't going to do the Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) this year. I was just going to watch the fun online.  But my resolve apparently was very weak, because this week I dove in - using red of course.  Even though red will be pushed aside for February in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I'm going to keep this little project a 2-color plan with just scrappy reds and whites.


This project started with that little red/white house block that I paper-pieced early this week.  It was only 9" square with the white frame.  Week 1 challenged us to use curves.  I auditioned several ideas . . . and wasn't very happy with any of them.  I ended up just adding a curvy dark red heart above the chimney.  Kind of a cop-out, but I like it. 

This week's challenge was to add diamonds.  Now it's 15" square with that white border plus the dark red diamonds at the corners.  Next week's challenge is still unknown of course, but I think I'll need to make sure I end up with a "redder" border, to tame down the white.  

 

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty, Sara! I love the red and white, and your diamonds are fun in the opposite corners. Glad you joined in!

Cathy said...

Your block looks so fresh! How did you piece your diamonds? I had never done diamonds before this round and had to try too many options before settling.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a fun project! Yes use more red!

piecefulwendy said...

That's a clever way to use diamonds in your border. I like it very much!

Emily said...

I LOVE your doamond corner accents!!!! How perfect! The red & white color scheme is great, and the curvy heart is ingenious. This is a very fun start, so glad you are joining us!

Debbie said...

Love schoolhouse blocks! I think you caught up very quickly. Nice job!