Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

What to do with neckties?

 Yes, I know - another distraction has crossed my path.  One of the guild members brought a huge tub full of neckties to a meeting this winter, and begged asked members to take a bundle and do something with them.  I took this bundle of mostly blue and brown colors with no idea what they might become.  


I've looked online at lots of ideas for using these, but haven't really decided on anything yet. I don't think I want to do a Dresden Plate but who knows what might happen.  However I did decide it's time to at least get these washed and see which ones survive to be used in a "someday" project.  

So picking out the seam on each and putting them into a lingerie bag for washing is a good task while watching TV in the evenings.  I know I won't likely make anything with them right away, but if I can get them washed then they will be ready to use once I decide on some plan.  

Any ideas for these would be most welcome.  

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

My neighbor Jo made purses and they were really cute!

woolyjooly said...

Would the pieces be big enough to do those nifty zippered pouches of a few years ago? Or is tie fabric too slippery to sew them?

Anonymous said...

I've seen some very nice tote bags and purses made with fan designs. The colors are beautiful.