Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Pulling out the red

Red is the color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month and it's one of my favorite colors.  I didn't spend a lot of time in my sewing room yesterday, but I did make 2 red Falling In Love blocks from red scraps.  This is a block I purchased from The Pattern Basket site.  It's 8.5" x 9.25".  
 


It's so quick and easy to make.  It joins the sample version I made back in December just to see if I liked the block.  And look - my sample was red.  At the time I also made an Hourglass block from the trimmings, and a small heart from the leftover scraps.  


The leftovers from yesterday's blocks are laying on my cutting table waiting to become a little heart and an Hourglass.  Am I done with the red Falling In Love blocks?  I'm not sure, but I might make more.  



4 comments:

Ramona said...

Love your heart blocks and red fabrics. It will be fun to watch this one grow.

Moneik said...

Cute blocks! I have a heart pattern that I made quite a few last year, but haven't sent them, so I need to be better about that this year.

Vicki in MN said...

Very cute hearts!

Kate said...

Ooh, very cute (and fast to make).