Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

Design Wall Monday - Saturday Sampler blocks

Block #3 for Saturday Sampler is done.  I'm using Christmas prints in reds and green for this version, and they are coming from my stash.  I did purchase the dark red and the grey snowflake fabrics for the sashings.  


Now that there are 3 of the blocks made, with the pieced sashing attached, I can really see that secondary design beginning to take shape.  Every block will feature different white backgrounds, and different Christmas prints. But they'll all have the sashing done the same.  


However, since these blocks have been quite easy and fast to make, I've gotten a bit carried away by making 2 more versions.  One version has the black "feathery" looking background and bright prints.  This one doesn't have the best contrast, but it fits in fine with the first 2 blocks.  I'm using bright colors that are already in that black print.  
 

The final version has a grey background with batiks.  All of these are from my stash.  The nice thing about doing multiple versions of these blocks is that when we finish up with the Saturday Sampler I'll have enough blocks for 2 more quilts in addition to the main quilt.  I don't plan to do that pieced sashing for these other 2 sets.  I'll probably keep them much simpler.



I'll be checking in with Design Wall Monday -
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These are pretty blocks, the design made when you set the blocks together is really interesting! Happy stitching!

Unknown said...

beautiful

Ramona said...

These blocks are so wonderful! I just love the sashing and the secondary design they make. Is this a pattern for purchase? I have never seen blocks like this before. Great fabric choices, too!

Nann said...

Fast and easy? This one looks complicated! I think it's the sashing...

Vicki in MN said...

I have never really had a liking for sampler quilts but every once in a while I see one that is really different and that I like. Your red one falls into the 'really like' category! I think it is because of your added sashing;)

Bonnie said...

Wow — 3 of each block? They all look so different. I particularly like the Christmas version with the nifty border.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Is Saturday Sampler a QAL? A purchased pattern?