Pages

Friday, January 28, 2022

Farmer's Wife Sampler update

 Out of the 111 blocks in the book, my friend Linda and I have finished 96 as of this week.  I'm so excited to be close to finishing what looked like an impossible task when we started. 


Puss in the Window was the first block I made this week.  


Then we made W.C.T.U. - which is a really strange name for this block.  I'm not sure what the Women's Christian Temperance Union had to do with the block design.  LOL  But it's a fun block which was easier than it looks. 


I've been adding sashing to 2 sides of these blocks gradually, and have 90 blocks sashed so far.  The others I may wait until all of the rest are done since we're so close. 


And I just couldn't resist getting a little start on putting them together.  This is the upper right corner area.  I've been using exclusively my leftovers from various Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots projects over several years.  The sashing is actually a dark brown Grunge however, and the cornerstones are just a cream solid.  

But I'm deviating just a little bit for the setting triangles.  This is a Robert Kaufman print called Scarlet's Garden.  I wanted a neutral type of print in those setting triangles, and this one is working out nicely even though it isn't sticking with the Kim Diehl fabrics.  There is enough of the dark brown to add a narrow sashing border around the outside, and then I'll find a more colorful print for an outer border - mostly likely returning to the Kim Diehl prints.  

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

You really are close to finishing all of the blocks. What size do you expect the quilt to be?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the designs and the colors, this will be a wonderful quilt:)

Kate said...

That's going to be a stunning quilt!